Xovoltib Afatinib 20 mg tablets are used for the treatment of locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) along with Epidermal Growth factor Receptor EGFR mutation. It is also recommended for the treatment of locally advanced or metastatic NSCLC of squamous histology which has been progressing on or after platinum-based chemotherapy.
How to use Xovoltib Afatinib Tabletf
- Before you start taking afatinib and each time you get a refill always read the Patient Information Leaflet (if available) from your pharmacist.
- In case of any query, ask your doctor or pharmacist for further assistance and help.
- This medication is to be taken by mouth or as directed by your doctor, usually it is taken once in a day and at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal.
- The dosage should be based on the medical condition of the patient, his response to the treatment, and other medications the patient has been taking.
- Always make aware your doctor about the products you use (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, or any ayurvedic or herbal products).
- Use this medication on a regular basis to get the best benefit from it.
- For making the routine set alarm or take it at the same time each day.
- Never increase your dose or use this drug more often than prescribed as this may harm your health. This will not help to improve your health fastly but the risk of serious side effects will increase.
- This drug can be absorbed through the skin and lungs and may make harm to an unborn baby, expectant or the women who may become pregnant should not handle or breathe this medication, even the dust of this medication may be harmful.
Major & minor side effects for Xovoltib 40 mg Tablet
- Itching in skin and eyes
- Inflammation of the mouth
- Nail disorder
- Dryness in skin
- Redness of the skin
- Dry and itchy eyes
- Painful or burning urination
- Excessive Weight loss
- Pale skin
The medication can cause fetal harm if administered to a pregnant woman.
This medication should be taken under proper prescription and guidance.
Keep the medication separate from other medication.
Always inform the doctor about your proper medical history before starting taking this medication.
In case of a missed dose of your usual dosage schedule, take the medicine as soon as you remember (within 12 hours of the schedule). In case of a time span of more than 12 hours from your usual dose time, skip the missed dose. Follow the next dosage schedule as usual and do not take an extra dose to cover up the missed dose.
- Store the medicine in the original container away from light and moisture. Keep all the medications away from children and pets.
- Never flush this medication or drain it unless instructed to do so. Discard this product properly at a suitable place when it is expired or no longer needed.
- The information provided here is for general educational purposes only and does not constitute medical or pharmaceutical advice which should be sought from qualified medical and pharmaceutical advisers.
- Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children and away from pets, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
- The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
For More Information Contact drugs99.com.