Salicylic Acid Cream for Acne
Salicylix Salicylic acid cream for acne is manufactured by the pharma giant- Dr Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd. It is specially designed to treat and prevent pimples. When used regularly, it removes the dead cells from the outer layer of the skin and stably reduces the size of the wart. It may also be used to treat certain skin conditions such as rashes, dandruff, corns, warts of hands or feet, psoriasis, etc. Warts are caused by a virus which gets into the upper layers of the skin.
Uses of Salicylic Acid for Skin Lightening
Helps in clearing skin marks associated with acne and pimples
Used to treat skin disorders like rashes, dandruff, psoriasis, corns, warts on hands and feet, etc.
How Does It Work?
Salicylic acid cream helps to unplug the blocked skin pores to allow pimples to shrink. It also results by softening and loosening the dry, scaly or thickened skin, causing shedding of the outer layer of the skin.
- This medicine is for external use only. Avoid contact with mouth, eyes, wounds, cuts, or membranes
- Salicylic acid cream should not be used to treat genital warts, warts on the face, warts with hair growing on them, warts in the nose or mouth, moles or birthmarks.
- This medicine is not recommended to be used by the people with allergy to salicylic acid or other ingredients present in it.
- Excessive use of this ointment may lead to a toxic condition; marked by ringing in the ears, nausea, and vomiting in some patients.
- Proper corrective measures or replacement with a suitable alternative should be done based on the clinical condition.
This cream should not be applied by pregnant or breast-feeding women unless absolutely necessary. Discuss all the risks and benefits with the doctor before applying this cream.
Breast-feeding women should take care that the infant doesn’t come in contact with the medicine.
Apply the missed dose as soon as you remember. But if it is almost the time for the next one, then skip that dose and follow the regular one. Do not apply the extra dose to make up for the missed one.
An overdose is not likely to cause any severe symptoms. However, in the case of ingestion, immediately contact the doctor for medical help.
Side Effects of Salicylic Acid Cream
You may experience some major and minor side-effects of using Salicylix salicylic acid cream which can be-
- Skin irritation
- Change in colour and texture of the skin
- Redness of skin
- Hair loss