Retino AC Gel By Janssen Pharmaceuticals
Retino AC is a clindamycin tretinoin gel used to treat and prevent acne. The solution is also used for anti-ageing purposes as an anti-wrinkle treatment. Clindamycin is an antibiotic which fights bacteria of acne and Tretinoin is a form of vitamin A retinoid which helps renew the skin cells quickly.
What is Retino AC Gel?
Manufactured by Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Retino AC gel contains two powerful ingredients- clindamycin phosphate 1% and vitamin A retinoid tretinoin 0.025%. The combination of ingredients is prescribed to fight acne and pimples in adults and children who are above 12 years of age. This cream is also used to treat fine lines and wrinkles as an anti-ageing remedy.
Tretinoin and Clindamycin as Key Ingredients
Clindamycin 1%: It is a very effective antibacterial agent that works well to destroy acne-causing bacteria. Clindamycin is a lincomycin safe antibiotic which inhibits the synthesis of bacteria that cause different stages of acne. Mild side effects may include burning sensations, skin irritation, itching, dry skin and redness.
Tretinoin 0.025%: It is an ingredient that is flawlessly used to treat acne. It effectively helps to treat the acne symptoms and lessen the acne marks. This retinoic acid improves skin pigmentation and increases collagen levels in the skin cells and reduces fine lines and wrinkles. It improves the overall quality of the skin.
How to Use Retino AC Gel?
- Wash your skin and the area to be applied with mild soap and water.
- Pat dry your skin with a clean cloth or cotton and wait for 15-20 minutes before applying the gel.
- Use your fingertips or a cotton swab to apply Retino AC gel.
- Apply only enough amount of gel to lightly cover the area.
- Apply during bedtime to heal acne scars faster.
- Use as long as your doctor tells you and strictly follow the instructions. Never use less or more of the gel than prescribed.
- Don’t use this gel if you are allergic to any of its ingredients.
- Tell your doctor if you have any other health conditions before using retino ac gel.
- Avoid unnecessary exposure to sunlight or artificial UV rays while treating with this tretinoin and clindamycin gel.
- Protect your skin with proper clothing and good sunscreen if you require to go out in the sun.
- Your skin may also become sensitive to cold weather, wind or dryness. Protect your skin with proper clothing and moisturizer as needed.