Manufactured by Galderma, Permite permethrin cream 5% is used to treat a condition called scabies caused by tiny burrowing mites. It is a contagious and intensely itchy skin condition. Permite paralyzes and kills the eggs and mites to cure scabies and prevent them from spreading.
Symptoms of scabies include an intense itching that may get worse during bedtime. Even if the permethrin kills all the mites and their eggs, the dead mites can still make you itch up to 4 weeks after the treatment. Ask your doctor to prescribe other medications to soothe your itching. You can also buy permethrin cream over the counter and online here at drugs99.com.
How to Use Permite Permethrin Cream 5% for Scabies?
- The cream is for application on the skin only. Apply as soon as possible after it is prescribed.
- Apply the cream from head to toe including under your nails and in skin folds such as between fingers and toes.
- Massage the cream gently and leave it on for 8-14 hours.
- Wash off the cream by showering or taking a bath.
- Reapply the cream in 7 days if live mites reappear.
- Don’t use more cream than prescribed.
- Avoid getting the cream into your eyes, mouth, nose or vagina. In case of accidental contact, flush the area with plenty of water.
- Before using the cream, tell your doctor if you are allergic to its ingredients or any other allergies.
- Tell your doctor about your past medical history, current medications, allergies, skin infections or asthma.
- Constantly scratching on the skin may cause the skin to lead to a bacterial infection. Consult your doctor right away if the condition worsens.
- The cream is not at all recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women unless instructed by the doctor.
Side Effects of Permethrin Cream 5%
Side effects of using permethrin cream 5% include itching, swelling and redness and the symptoms of scabies may temporarily worsen the after the treatment with permethrin. Mild burning and stinging sensation may also occur. If any of these conditions persist or worsen, contact your doctor immediately.
A serious allergic reaction to this cream is very rare. However, seek immediate medical help if you notice any symptoms of severe allergic reaction like rashes, itching or swelling of face, tongue or throat, severe dizziness, and trouble breathing.