Nailrox Nail Lacquer is manufactured by Intas Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd. It is a synthetic antifungal treatment for conditions like mycoses. It is typically applied to the skin. It stops the growth of fungus in toenails and fingernails by treating athlete’s foot, jock itch, tinea infection, seborrheic dermatitis, etc.
The Ciclopirox nail lacquer is composed of Ciclopirox olamine topical 8% w/w as a key ingredient to treat the fungal infections. It inhibits most Candida, Epidermophyton, Microsporum, Trichophyton species and M. furfur by disrupting DNA, RNA and protein synthesis.
Uses of Ciclopirox Lacquer
Onychomycosis: The Ciclopirox lacquer treats fingernails and toenails characterized by thickened nails, whitish to yellow-brown discoloration, brittle or ragged nails, etc.
Athlete’s Foot: Ciclopirox lacquer also treats fungal infections of the feet.
Jock Itch: Treats fungal infections around the inner thighs, genitals and buttocks.
Seborrheic Dermatitis: Ciclopirox lacquer is used to treat fungal infection on skin and scalp like dandruff, redness, itching, etc.
Tinea Versicolor: Treats tinea versicolor characterized by small and discolored patches on the skin.
Tinea Corporis: Treats inflammatory or non-inflammatory lesions on the glabrous skin.
How to Use Ciclopirox Nail Lacquer on Infected Nails?
- Use as advised by your doctor or checked the label before using ciclopirox lacquer.
- Trim your nails properly.
- Apply the ciclopirox nail lacquer with the given applicator brush to the affected nails.
- Let it dry for 30 seconds.
- Avoid getting this Ciclopirox lacquer into your eyes, mouth, or nose. In case of accidental contact rinse with plenty of water immediately.
- Avoid using any nail varnishes, or artificial nails during the treatment.
- Don’t share your nail-filer with anyone as this can cause infection.
- Don’t cover the applied area with bandages or other covering unless directed by your doctor.
Side Effects of Ciclopirox Nail Lacquer
You may experience some major or minor side effects of using ciclopirox lacquer which includes swelling, rashes, headache, burning sensation, and redness. If any of these conditions persist, consult your doctor at once.