Micogel – Miconazole Nitrate Cream 15g
Manufactured by the reputable Cipla, Micogel is a miconazole nitrate cream used to treat various kinds of yeast and fungal infections of the skin. Miconazole cream treats infections such as athlete’s foot, jock itch, ringworm and other fungal infections. The cream also treats a skin condition known as tinea versicolor.
What is Micogel Miconazole Nitrate Cream Used For?
Miconazole nitrate cream is used to treat skin infections such as athlete’s foot, jock itch, ringworm and other fungal infections such as candidiasis. The miconazole cream is also used to cure a skin condition known as pityriasis or tinea versicolor, a fungal infection that causes darkening or lightening of the skin of chest, neck, legs or arms.
Micogel contains 2% miconazole nitrate, an azole antifungal that works by preventing the growth of fungus. It is an effective treatment for itching, scaling, cracking, burning and skin discomfort.
How to Use Miconazole Cream?
- Use the micogel on the skin only.
- Wash the hands and the affected area thoroughly with water.
- Apply a thin layer of the cream on the affected area twice daily or as instructed by your doctor.
- For athlete’s foot, pay special attention to the spaces between toes. Wear well-fitting, ventilated shoes and change the socks and shoes at least twice daily.
- Use daily for 4 weeks for athlete’s foot and ringworm and for jock itch, use daily for 2 weeks.
- If the condition doesn’t improve, consult your doctor.
- The cream is not effective on nails and scalp.
- Wash your hands after applying the medication.
- Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get immediate medical help or contact poison control centre at once.
- Avoid contact with eyes, nose, mouth and vagina.
- Don’t wrap, bandage or cover the treated area unless directed by your doctor to do so.
- Don’t apply this more often or more than prescribed. It will only increase the chances of getting side effects.
- Use this medication regularly and complete the prescribed dose.
Side Effects of Miconazole Nitrate Cream
You may experience some major or minor side effects of using miconazole cream such as stinging, burning, itching, redness and pimple-like bumps. If these side effects don’t go away after some days, contact your doctor right away.
Any serious allergic reaction to this cream is rare. However, stop using the cream and get immediate medical help if you experience rashes, itching/swelling, severe dizziness, blistering, oozing and trouble breathing.
Where to Buy Micogel?
You can buy this miconazole cream over the counter or buy online at drugs99.com with offers and discounts.